Monday, December 8, 2014

My almost 6 month old and 2 and a half year old

Oh life has sure been busy!  But it has been so much fun.  I love this stage of baby when they start interacting with people around them.  Stella is super smiley and so active.  She loves to laugh at Zane.  Everyone always tries to get her to laugh and she just gives them big smiles, but then that big brother comes around and she can't help herself.  She loves that kid.  Here is an adorable video of her laughing at him.

Stella has now started solid foods!  She hates the cereal alone.  For the first week we gave her just cereal and I think most of it ended up in her lap rather then in her belly.  But then we started adding different foods with it and she started to like it a lot more.  She loves bananas and doesn't really love squash.  We think that she is going to be our fruit baby.  Zane was (still is) and veggie kid, Stella...not so much.  She is still not sleeping through the night which is tiring but we are working on it and trying a few different things.  Music playing seems to be doing the trick.  She still wakes up but not as often.

She also rolls all over the place.  I put her down on her blanket in the middle of the room and within minutes, she is on the other side of the room.  She is trying really hard to crawl.  She has the legs figured out, just can't figure out that her arms need to help out...rather then her face.  There have been some times when she moves a few inches by pushing with her legs.  She has now figured out how to get anywhere she wants.  She just wants to keep up with the active boy in the house. She is also our littler chatter box.  She is always making noises and they aren't quiet noises...they are loud screeches.  Girls are definitely louder then boys.

She isn't the best cuddler which makes me sad but when I do get her to cuddle and fall asleep, I love it!  She sleeps a lot better when being held which I'm OK with because those are the times that I love.  She is just a super happy girl.  We love her so much!





And Zane is so fun as well!  Yes he has his two year old moments that aren't so pretty, but we work through it and have fun.  He loves school and is doing so well.  He can now count to 15 which is so cute and he loves to count.  He knows his colors and can identify most letters.  He doesn't really do the letters in order...like sing the alphabet, but he can look at a letter and tell us what it stands for.  His favorite is "O" for Owen!  He has made a lot of friends at school and is still working on walking, not running, in class (that is a hard task for him unless he has a paper in his hand...then he walks extremely slow).  But he loves school!

He loves helping me cook.  He really loves helping with anything.  And by helping I mean doing it by himself.  He thinks that when it says "Zane help" it really means that he wants to do it by himself...we are getting to that independent stage :)  But trust me...there are plenty of times when I ask for help and he says no ha But he mostly loves to help because sometimes he earns money (a nickel or dime or quarter) for helping and then he gets to put it in his piggy bank.

He is doing a lot better at staying in his room at bedtime and nap time.  He only comes out about two or three times now.  And he doesn't need us sitting in there with him anymore.  But boy is he already the master of putting off bed time already..."Mom I need water", "Another story?", has to gather every stuff animal he owns, has to make sure he has his three different blankies, reminds me to fill his humidifier...the list goes on and on.  But the cutest thing is when I'm walking out and he goes "Wait Mom...HUGS!"  How do you say no to that?  Melts my heart.

Zane is very excited for Christmas!  He is so excited for Claus (that's what he calls Santa) to come and is asking for a train.  He got to sit on Santa's lap and told him what he wanted but he doesn't understand that he has to wait till Christmas so leaving without his train was somewhat dramatic ha







I just love my kids.  They are pretty dang adorable.  They make my new job of staying home pretty great.  It isn't easy at all but it is so worth it.  I love watching them learn and grow and watch their little (really not so little) personalities come out.  They bring so much joy to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment