Monday, February 10, 2014

This is Us.

THIS IS US.
(This photo was from a bit ago)
(This is a more recent but Nick doesn't like this one as much...)
I thought that I would start but talking a little bit about each of us a little.  Now I can't think of everything of each of us but the stories to come on here will tell you more about us, but this is just an intro...

NICK
This is my wonderful husband Nick.  Right now he is in school at University of Utah getting his Bachelor's in Architecture.  He has the rest of this year and one more to finish that degree and then he will continue for his Masters.  He is such a hard worker.  A few times each semester he has to pull all nighters to finish projects.  He is doing so well and loving every minute of it.
He is also working part time for a local architect here in town.
When he isn't working or going to school he is doing some of the things he loves like rock climbing, working on the car, doing anything outside...but I think his favorite thing is playing with Zane.  And I know that Zane loves it too.  There are a lot of things that he loves to do and I just can't think of them all.  So you will just have to read more on the blog and you will get to know him better.  But that is a little bit about Nick.  He is my best friend and I love him so much :)

ME (MEKELLE)
I am a working mom.  I teach third grade.  I have been doing that for four years now.  I like to do a lot of different things.  I love to sew.  Usually when Zane goes to sleep I pull out my sewing machine, turn on Grey's Anatomy, and get to work while Nick is doing homework.  I have a lot of other passions that I will write about later because that it a whole different story.
I love being outside.  Nick got me into rock climbing when we were dating and I don enjoy that even though I haven't been for a bit.  I love watching most sports and I like to try and play the sports but I am not good at them.  But my most favorite thing in the world is being a mom.  I am pregnant with baby #2 and am excited to have another little baby in the house since Zane isn't really a baby anymore.

ZANE
This is my adorable little boy Zane.  Isn't he just so dang cute!  He is 20 months old and the light of our life.  He is so much fun and brightens up the day.  He loves cookies, popcorn (my child definitely), toast, and shredded cheese.  He loves movies as well...mostly Wreck-It Ralph, Toy Story 3, Finding Nemo, Despicable Me 2, and last but not least, Curious George.  He loves basketball and football and playing with his cars.  He absolutely loves to read books.  He loves to play the piano and to play on an iPad or iPhone, mostly looking at pictures or watching videos of himself.  He is so funny to play with and loves when Dad throws him around a bit.  He gets pretty upset when we get home and Dad isn't home yet.  Mom just isn't as fun I guess.  She just wishes he would cuddle with her...but that hardly ever happens.  He is a funny kid because he isn't necessarily a "momma's boy" or daddy's boy", he is a family boy...He always wants all of us there...Gets upset when one of us leaves or even leaves the room.  He likes to know where we are all the time.  When Dad is gone with his late nights, he always gets my phone and wants to call him.  He has even learned how to FaceTime him all by himself.  He is a smart kid...it's a little scary how smart he is.  He is definitely going to out-smart me in a few years ha But he is just so much fun.  This blog will probably mostly be about him so get ready for some great stories because we have them often!

OUR BABY GIRL
This is our baby girl!  She has not yet made her appearance and won't for another 19 weeks.  She is due at the end of June and we are just so excited to meet her.  If you ask Zane who is in my belly he says "Baby Duck"...He may be a little disappointed when a baby duck doesn't come out...but he will be happy with a baby girl i'm sure ha  I already know that she is a very active little girl.  At all my appointments, it takes a minute to get her heartbeat because she is moving around so much.  We are very anxious for her to join our family.

So that's us!  Let the blogging begin!

1 comment: