Saturday, February 22, 2014

This is the single wife life.

Ever since we have been married and Nick chose to go into Architecture, we have met a lot of architects.  And when we are in a conversation with someone and you mention that you are still in school, the question that always follows is "Oh, what are you going into?"  So when we are in these conversations with architects and their wives, every time, the wife looks at me and says "Well get use to not seeing your husband for the next few years."  And I would always give the smile and little laugh...I don't laugh anymore...They weren't joking.
Nick is a very very hard worker.  Already this semester, he has spent basically an entire week on campus in Salt Lake.  He has pulled about three all-nighters in one week.  He was very exhausted at the end of that week.  (I don't know who was more excited for that project to be over, me or him.) And then he also got to go on a fun field trip to Chicago for 5 days.  That was a lot of fun.
But that means I get to be home with Zane all on my own.  And if you know me, you know I don't like that at all ha  I am secretly afraid of the dark and I hate being home by myself.  When he isn't here, I sleep with a few lights on ha I have Zane here with me, but really a 20 month old isn't going to save me much...I think I worry a little more now because I just do ha Don't get me wrong, I love that he is enjoying school.  And I love that he is such a hard worker.  And I love that he is such a good group member that wants the best grade possible.  I am very proud of my husband and love how great he is doing in school.  And I know that he would much rather be home with us.  His priorities are straight...He knows that family comes first and I know that if I needed him at home, he would come home right away.  Luckily we have such great technology these days so we can FaceTime and all that so we are all good.
But that is the "Single Wife Club".  You too are welcome to join if you have a husband going to school that you hardly see, or who works crazy hours that keep him detained.  I sure do love my hard working husband and know I won't always be a member of this club :)

1 comment:

  1. Oof.... I don't like that all nighter talk. I rarely see norm and when I do he's doing homework. ... It's real fun. But at least he gets to sleep next to me at night. That's really the only time I get his undivided attention..... Til we fall asleep minutes later.....ugh.

    ReplyDelete