Thursday, June 12, 2014

This is the kid's room.

The kid's room is finally done!  It was a long time coming.  I started this in April and hoped that I could get it done over my spring break...HA!  I only got like one thing done.  But finally I got it done.  Well for the most part.  There are some things that still need to be added, I just haven't found the right things I want to put in there.  The fun part about this was that I did most of this myself.  I love sewing and doing crafty things (even when I get super frustrated) and I have found a new love for redoing furniture.  So here is the kid's room...

This is Zane's side:  
{It's a little blurry}
It started out with his name banner.  I made it last year for his birthday and loved the colors and decided that whenever I redid his room, those were the colors I wanted to use.  The dresser was mine growing up and my parents let me take it.  I painted it and added new hardware.  I wanted to do it a grey but we found this mismatched paint at Home Depot for super cheap and I liked it so we went with that!  The bed spread I did as well by buying queen sheets I liked and sewing them together and putting batting in the middle.  Super easy!  And that cute little toddler bed...my dad made that for me when I was a toddler!  He is a very handy guy.  The shelves came from Ikea.

And here is Baby Girl's side!



I had a lot of fun with this!  Here are close ups of the little details:
This dresser was a long time coming.  I got this last summer at a wonderful thrift store here is Heber and it was pretty beat up.  As soon as I found out we were having a girl I knew exactly what I wanted to do!  I love it!

I loved doing this quilt!  Probably my favorite that I have ever done.  And I have never seen anything like it so that's great too!

These were a fun thing I wanted to try.  I started with the yellow one and it was taking forever!  So I figured out a quicker way to do it and the next four went way fast!  I love how they turned out!

And then this was a quick easy one too.  I am going to get a picture or something on that little easel.  

And of course, I need to give a shout out to my amazing husband!  I can't tell you how many times I had him move the furniture around in that room till I liked how it worked.  He helped cut fabric and then hanging shelves.  But the problem with me is that once I clean, I want it to stay that way so I made sure that hanging those shelves didn't get too messy and made him hold the vacuum under the drill to catch the little things that fell.  He is so good to me!  I love him so much!




And that is the kid's room!  It is all done and ready for this little girl to come!  She can come anytime now!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha love the last pictures... The things our husbands will do... So sweet of them. And I love their room! This makes me want to finish/get grants room back to looking like a room and not a storage unit. Whatevs

    ReplyDelete