Friday, June 5, 2015

Zane is Three!!







Three years ago this cute boy came into the world! He was the best baby and probably one of the cutest too. He is so incredible active and so full of energy...by the time 6:00 rolls around I am exhausted! This past year has been a tough one...the terrible twos are a real thing and no one can deny it! He was full of fits and tantrums which lead to time outs...I am not going to tiptoe around that because it is my reality...he was a hard two year old. But in spite of the crying and hitting and screaming "NOOO!" he can be the sweetest kid ever. His smile melts my heart! And his laugh (real or fake) always makes me laugh as well. We have grown out of the two stage and are now getting into the whiney three year old stage which can be hard as well but we have more good days than bad. 
Zane is so fun to sit and watch. He loves to play but he also loves his movies (yes we let him watch movies...Nick and I both love movies so it was bound to happen). He loves making friends and will become friends with anyone who looks at him. We will be anywhere and someone will stand by him and he will say "Mom, this is my friend!" He loves his sister and always wants to play with her. He is very protective as well. 
Zane loves his food! Every morning he wants "Jam and bread" (peanut butter and jelly sandwich). He LOVES carrots and peas. Really he will eat any vegetable you put in front of him. He isn't a picky eater that's for sure!
Zane loves to learn. His new interest is dinosaurs. He will pull out Nick's big college book on dinosaurs and ask so many questions about them. He also has the best memory I have ever seen in a little boy...he can tell us the way to his grandparents' houses and he will always remember what happened at certain places. It's amazing. 
One thing I love about this boy is how he still loves to cuddle, usually before bed to put off going to sleep for a bit; but he will usually stop in the day to sit with me for 20 seconds and cuddle. 
There are so many things I can say about this boy...he is so much fun and we love him so so much. I am so lucky to be his mom and we are so blessed to have him in our family. 
I made a video as a day in the life of Zane. Really it took more then a day because 1) being a mom and filming is really hard and 2) he told me "Ugh Mom! You're such a pain...put the camera down." Hahaha He was getting sick of me following him around with the camera. Follow the link to Vimeo to watch it! Enjoy!

1 comment: